Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Your system is not Intel Optane Memory Ready

FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

So i've followed many steps to install the 'Intel Optane Memory' and i finally able to install it. (i've changed my bios mode -> UEFI [] Disk Type -> GPT) and i already set my SATA Mode Selection into Intel RST Premium with Intel(R) Optane(TM) System Acceleration(RAID). But still, this error message appeared. Can anyone solve this problem? (Please Fast Resp) [Oh and one of my partition from internal hardisk is 'hidden', can you solved this problem too?)

MB = ASrock b450m Steel Legend
CPU/Proceccor = Intel i7-10440
GPU = GTX 1650 Super

For the reference, i mainly follow the step from this dude: https://youtu.be/BrkU6DswjD0
(according to his step, once he changed the SATA Mode Selection into Intel RST ...... (RAID) [4:30] , the option 'M2_1 - RST  Pcie Storage Remapping' is appeared. So here's my problem actually, in my BIOS, that option didn't appear and i think that's the source of problem (in my opinion))

0 Kudos
15 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @FoxyFox11Den 

1. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

2. On the images attached to your post, I can't see that you have an Optane Memory Module installed in M.2 slot. Or, could be that you have Optane installed, but is not recognized in BIOS? Before Otane acceleration is enabled,  you should see Optane Memory in Disk Management as a separate drive with unallocated space.

Leon

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

could be that you have Optane installed, but is not recognized in BIOS?  
Yup this is the problem. 
SO what should i do to see Optane Memory in Disk Management ?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm not sure that your board supports Optane memory. However if it supporting Optane, the Optane Memory Module should be installed in M2_1 slot (the inboard M.2 slot, close to CPU). Only this slot supports NVMe drive.  

Do you have Optane Memory installed?

Leon

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

So here's my PC Information.
Does my MoBo support Optane?
And i think my Optane is installed on M.2_2, imma changed it for a sec

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

Okay Mr. Waksman, i've relocated the Intel Optane unto M.2_1 slot, so what's next?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @FoxyFox11Den 

As I've explained in my previous post. I'm not sure that the Optane is compatible with your board. however, the M2_1 slot is the only one that could work with Optane. Do you see now the Optane Memory in Disk Management? If not, you should address your question to the OEM of your board.

Please attach the SSU report (see my post above), so, I can see if the Optane is recognized.

Leon

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

i did attach the SSU report on the previous reply. The file is called 'ComputerInformation.TXT' Perhaps you don't see it? 

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

(So i just reinstall the Intel Optane Memory and i found something weird on Step 5, it said 'Unable to inject the driver into Windows Recovery partition' does that mean something? If it does, what should i do to fix it?)

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I understand that after reinstalling the Optane memory in the M2_1, you were be able to enable Optane acceleration? I don't know what you mean by saying in Step 5? Step 5 where? However, I can see that the warning informs you than in case of failure, you will not be able to recover your system, using the Recovery Environment and this fact doesn't affect Optane functionality. I can say you that in my system with Optane, I've the Recovery Partition deleted. To keep my system safe, I keep daily backup on external drive. I use for this Macrium Reflect application (the free addition). It is successfullyperforming backup for Optane + HDD drives.

Leon

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

Truth be told Mr Waksman, the Intel Optane still not enable. Even after relocating Intel Optane from M.2_2 --> M.2_1 and 'reinstalling' the Intel Optane driver, the result are same as before. 'Your system is not Intel Optane Memory Ready'. So do you have any idea how to do fix this? I'm out of idea for sure

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
Can you see the Optane drive in the Disk Management now? If the answer is - yes, please attach the updated image of DM.
Leon
0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

Unfortunately, the answer is no.
And here's my Motherboard option right now, incase you wanted to see it

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm sorry, but I can't help you more. As you can see, the Optane Memory is not detected in BIOS, so, it can't be enabled in Windows. There may be compatibility problem of Optane memory and your board (the board specification doesn't mention Optane) or, the Optane Memory has failure.  The Optane functionality, you may check in other computer? About the compatibility, you should ask the board OEM.

leon

0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

I see. I'm contacting ASRock (my board) right now. Can you reply me (again), when i got additional information from ASRock team?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Sure. If your Optane is working and recognized in BIOS and Disk Manager, I'll help with any advice if still you need.

Leon

0 Kudos