Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

bios error with optane memory

mordha
Beginner
Tried everything..even resetting cmos. All i want to do is get rid of this message as its saying if i dont configure it will cause unknown errors.
I dont run multiple disks, i have one ssd for storage of os and DAW program...i dont even use it for web browsing, just music production. Its telling me to change sata mode selection to raid....but i only have one ssd in sata1...and a external hhd for backup which i only plug into the back usb at the end of a day to save projects and montly system image.
How can i safely uninstall or disable optane memory, so i can just use the AHCI sata controller for the one ssd in sata1...no middle man needed.

Thanks in advanced.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Do you have an Optane module installed? If so, uninstall it from the board.

If no Optane module, call Asus and ask them why their BIOS is generating this message. We cannot help you with this; this is an Asus-specific issue.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Do you have an Optane module installed? If so, uninstall it from the board.

If no Optane module, call Asus and ask them why their BIOS is generating this message. We cannot help you with this; this is an Asus-specific issue.

...S

0 Kudos
mordha
Beginner
Thanks for reply.
Yea on the box it says it, so i guess there is a module installed.
I contacted asus, they told me to reset the battery cmos..but that didnt help.
If i remove the module, do i need to uninstall the driver and delete the files in driver view first or after?
0 Kudos
mordha
Beginner
Its and asus prime z370-A...maby you could quick check just to make sure there is a module...it advertises optane memory on the box. But i think the 300 series driver i must of downloaded from there site or in windows update
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

My rule of thumb is that if there is no use of RAID, no Optane Module and no Optane SSD, then uninstall Intel RST; you don't need it and it is doing nothing for you.

If you do have an Optane module, don't remove it unless/until it is disabled. Use the Intel Memory and Storage tool to check for the module being present and enabled and then disable it. Then you can power off and remove the module. The module, BTW, will be in a long M.2 connector on the motherboard.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
mordha
Beginner
Thats cool...il figure that out. Really i dont mind turning it off or disabling it and just uninstall it via any files and driver...so if theres a proper procedure for that, send a link or whatever even few steps. I dont wanna go messing with hardware. Id rather let sleeping dogs lie if ya know what i mean.
So il use the tool to disable it, will i then go to device manager and update the controller driver back to default sata ahci....and do i have to clear them 4 or 5 specific files connected to optane...i can delete them in driverview....would that be a correct way?
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, mordha,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the following information:

• Please, let us know if this Optane™ Memory came pre-installed with your PC.

• A screenshot of the “Disk Management” showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager, you can choose from the following two ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box, and tap OK.

• We would appreciate it if you can provide us with the system details by extracting the SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.

2- When you finish downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

• We agree with the superuser recommendation, and we advise you to open a ticket in parallel with your motherboard manufacturer. To get further information regarding the BIOS settings and software requirements to use Optane on your PC. As well if you do not have an Optane, they should provide you with the recommended steps on how to set up your BIOS and OS for your current configuration. Since some settings can just be updated on the BIOS and not from the OS.

We will follow up with you again on Wednesday, the 17th of March 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply, including the logs.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, mordha,

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series. We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post.

We will follow up with you again on Friday, the 19th of March 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, mordha,

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series.

Since we have not heard from you in a while, we are going to close this community thread.

If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos