Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

no compatible disks for intel optane memory

jjoso1
Beginner

I can't enable intel optane memory because of this issue. i have already installed the intel optane memory and restarted my pc

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

That's right. You need to buy and install Optane Memory Module if you want accelerate your HDD.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
jjoso1
Beginner

here it is

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I can't see Intel Optane memory in your SSU report.
  2. Please check if it is recognized in BIOS.
  3. Please check if you can see it in Disk Management. If you have Optane memory installed and recognized, you should see it in Disk Management, similar to the attached image (this is an example of 16GB Optane module, not enabled, yet).

Leon

diskManagementOptaneDisabled.jpeg

Kshama
Beginner

have done all the process instructed by the technical support.

And on this screenshot process, you have to first create a drive and than install the optane memory software and than enable it.

Sorry Folks..

but

the most irritating part is after going so long way, therez a little problem which is the root cause - " Might be a possibility that it is a DRIVER ISSUE AND CAN BE RESOLVED WHEN RELEASED BY OFFICIAL INTEL UPGRADATION.

SO, I WOULD REQUEST INTEL TEAM TO PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER AND SERIOUSLY FIX THIS ISSUE,AND SYSTEM CRASHING AGAIN AND AGAIN MIGHT HAVE ADVERSE EFFECT ON OTHER HARDWARE COMPONENTALSO AS ITS QIUTE IRRITATING AND THAT BLUE SCREEN CRASH CODE.. FILE ATTACHED

PLEASE FIX THIS: WAITING INTEL TEAM

jjoso1
Beginner

2. does intel rst optane count?

3. i dont have that disk 1 ,only my C: driver and disk 0 partition 1 and 4.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Intel RST Optane is only software/driver that can be used to accelerate HDD drive with Intel Optane Memory module.
  2. If you want install Optane Memory, you should ask Acer if your laptop is compatible. I found some topic in Acer forum about this question. Any way if you will install Optane module and therefore you will need change the SATA mode from ACHI to Intel RST with Optane, do this only while Windows is set to SAFE mode boot. Otherwise, your Windows will be corrupted.

Leon

0 Kudos
jjoso1
Beginner

it says in intel rapid storage technology that my system is intel optane memory ready but no modules were detected and asks me to install a compatible module

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Do you need any help more? I believe that I answered to your question.

Leon

0 Kudos
jjoso1
Beginner

i just a little bit of clarification does install mean install a program or buy it and then install?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

That's right. You need to buy and install Optane Memory Module if you want accelerate your HDD.

Leon

0 Kudos