Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

" No compatible disks for intel optane memory " error

GLian7
Beginner

im not sure whats wrong

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi GLian7,

Thank you for the information provided.

I have noticed some details that you should check in order to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory. The first one is that you don’t have an unallocated reserved space at the end of your primary drive as it’s shown in the picture below. Please make sure to reserve this space in the primary drive.

Partitions.JPG

Additionally, if you are planning to accelerate the secondary drive, it may be possible that your system requires a BIOS update so that it can use the RST driver version 16.x. Current driver version is 16.8. If your system is still using a 15.x version, then secondary drive acceleration won’t be possible. I recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer to confirm if you are using the latest BIOS version.

On the other hand, I have checked the specifications of your motherboard and it looks like only the M2_2 slot is compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, so make sure you have the module connected in that slot: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M%20Pro4/index.asp#Specification

You may also want to contact ASRock* to confirm if your system supports the 32GB module version, because it may be possible that only the 16GB module version is supported. This is just a possibility, but only the manufacturer can confirm this.

I hope you find this information useful.

Please let me know if the issue is fixed, or if you are still getting the same message. If possible, please take a screenshot of the application if you are still getting an error message.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi GLian7,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) and run the full report to collect your system details: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. Please export the information in a text file and share it in your response.

Additionally, please take a screenshot of the Disk Management window. To open Disk Management, press the Windows* key + x and then select Disk Management from the menu that will appear.

Please also run the following commands in the Command Prompt and take a screenshot too:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Take a screenshot of this output.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
GLian7
Beginner

list disk.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi GLian7,

Thank you for the information provided.

I have noticed some details that you should check in order to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory. The first one is that you don’t have an unallocated reserved space at the end of your primary drive as it’s shown in the picture below. Please make sure to reserve this space in the primary drive.

Partitions.JPG

Additionally, if you are planning to accelerate the secondary drive, it may be possible that your system requires a BIOS update so that it can use the RST driver version 16.x. Current driver version is 16.8. If your system is still using a 15.x version, then secondary drive acceleration won’t be possible. I recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer to confirm if you are using the latest BIOS version.

On the other hand, I have checked the specifications of your motherboard and it looks like only the M2_2 slot is compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, so make sure you have the module connected in that slot: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M%20Pro4/index.asp#Specification

You may also want to contact ASRock* to confirm if your system supports the 32GB module version, because it may be possible that only the 16GB module version is supported. This is just a possibility, but only the manufacturer can confirm this.

I hope you find this information useful.

Please let me know if the issue is fixed, or if you are still getting the same message. If possible, please take a screenshot of the application if you are still getting an error message.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi GLian7, Do you have any updates about this? Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi GLian7, If you have any updates about this, feel free to post them here. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos