Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

"System Is Not Intel Optane Memory Ready"

Edwin2
Beginner

Hello administrator! I purchased this Laptop a month ago. Few weeks ago, I began to get notification error messages such as "One of you disk is at risk. When I check Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management, it shows there are no valid disk pairs in your system".

What are the requirements that does not meet this new Laptop? I will appreciate your feedback to resolve this issue.

Model type:

Device name EdwinRodriguezPC
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.65 GB usable)
Device ID 5C4FBE3B-23A0-4597-9E84-38973DA75F40
Product ID 00356-02658-83161-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edwin2_0-1642037799449.pngEdwin2_1-1642037871412.pngEdwin2_2-1642037948244.pngEdwin2_3-1642038268163.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Edwin2.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding this error message about not having valid pairs installed, I will be happy to assist.

Based on your screenshots, there is no Optane Memory installed, this is the reason why you are getting this message, and seeing that you already have a Samsung NVMe drive, there is also no need for one or for the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management to be installed.

The application may have been installed automatically during an update as it is related to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, but since there is no use for it, so you have a couple of options:

• Go to the "Notifications and Actions" in Windows settings, scroll down to the application and turn the notifications off.
  • Simply uninstall the Optane Memory and Storage Management from the Apps section in the Windows settings.

If you are interested on monitoring your NVMe SSD, I'd recommend checking the Samsung site for the appropriate software for your SSD or the tools provided by your system manufacturer as those will do more for you than the Optane Memory and Storage Management.

If you have any other questions and I can be of assistance, please let me know, and I will follow up on January 18th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Edwin2.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding this error message about not having valid pairs installed, I will be happy to assist.

Based on your screenshots, there is no Optane Memory installed, this is the reason why you are getting this message, and seeing that you already have a Samsung NVMe drive, there is also no need for one or for the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management to be installed.

The application may have been installed automatically during an update as it is related to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, but since there is no use for it, so you have a couple of options:

• Go to the "Notifications and Actions" in Windows settings, scroll down to the application and turn the notifications off.
  • Simply uninstall the Optane Memory and Storage Management from the Apps section in the Windows settings.

If you are interested on monitoring your NVMe SSD, I'd recommend checking the Samsung site for the appropriate software for your SSD or the tools provided by your system manufacturer as those will do more for you than the Optane Memory and Storage Management.

If you have any other questions and I can be of assistance, please let me know, and I will follow up on January 18th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Edwin2.

This post is to follow up on your thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous message.

The thread will be closed on January 21st if there is no confirmation about further assistance being required, but you can let me know if additional time is needed.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Edwin2
Beginner

Hello Bruce! Thanks for the response. I decided to follow you advise uninstalling the Optane Memory and Storage Management from the Apps section in the Windows settings. Thanks for recommending visiting the Samsung site for the appropriate software for my laptop SSD or any tools that could help maintaining great PC health. I definitely will have to keep up with the status of my RAM because I am an Entry Level IT and currently, I am almost done with a Backend Web Development online boot camp using my Laptop RAM daily to the max. Thanks again for the accurate solutions and have a great day!

BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Edwin2.

I'm glad to be of assistance.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back, just open a new thread or use any of the available support methods, and this thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos