Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

windows can't launch correctly after active optane memory function

dLau2
Beginner

When i active the raid, m.2 in bios, my windows 10 cant launch property, it was stuck at windows logo screen and than restart the computer in few minutes and repeat the same loop. However, when i turn off the raid, m.2 in bio, everything is fine.

any ideas?

Msi Z370 a-pro

i7 8700

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Dixon528,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having an issue with the Intel® Optane™ Memory and the OS.

When you say that you activate the RAID, what are you referring to exactly? Do you have a RAID array in your system and the Intel® Optane™ Memory installed and trying to accelerate that RAID array?

Can you please also download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run it to collect the details of your system? Here is the link to download the tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

This tool will create a text file with the information. Please attach that file in your response.

Please also take a screenshot of Disk Management and include it in your response. To open Disk Management, press the Windows* key + x, and then select the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
dLau2
Beginner

i haven't RAID array in my computer, i just follow the tutorial from YouTube that says i need to do something in bios, tell me if its not required.

im using chinese, please let me know if you have problem with that.

thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dixon528,

Thank you for the information. I don't understand Chinese, but the screenshot is clear enough so it's fine.

I can see from the SSU report that the Intel® Optane™ Memory is recognized as an NVMe* device which is fine, and it means the BIOS is properly configured.

However, I'm not sure if the drives are correctly configured. Could you please follow these steps in order to take a new screenshot about the drives?

1. Open your Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Please take a screenshot of the output and include it in your response.

Additionally, I'd like to know which drive you are trying to pair the Intel® Optane™ Memory with and also, what RST driver version are you using?

The RST driver can be installed in 2 ways: by installing the Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface or by installing the Intel® RST User Interface. Could you please tell me which one you installed? You can just take a screenshot of the application you have, so I can see the one that you have.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
dLau2
Beginner

I think i know how to use Optane Memory to boost my drives with the RST interface and i want to pair with 932GB HDD but i can't select the HDD that i want.

連線=connected

0 Kudos
dLau2
Beginner

I think i've solved the problem, i changed the 1TB HDD from MBR to GPT via EaseUS and than pair them in RST interface and it works very well.

So i just created a problem to myself

Thanks for your time and patients

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That MBR causes a lot of problems. Glad you spotted it.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dixon528,

It's great you solved it!

If you ever have another issue or question about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, feel free to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way possible.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos