Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
437 Discussions

Capacidade de memória placa QM67 Express

marcelo19711
Beginner

Boa Tarde !!

Estou querendo dar um up na memoria do PC que usa a placa QM67 Express ( 3.9 W), ela veio de fabrica com 2 pentes de 4Gb e gostaria de saber se posso botar dois de 8Gb?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Starting with the 1st gen Core processors (and the corresponding 5 Series chipsets), the memory controllers transitioned from the chipset into the processor. This means that the memory capacity of your system is determined by the capabilities of the processor and by the memory initialization capabilities of the motherboard's BIOS. Bottom line, we cannot answer this question completely; there are simply too many 'it depends' involved.

Just as a point of comparison, I looked at the capabilities of some of Intel's 6 Series SFF motherboards. Provided they had support for 4Gb memory technology, they supported 8GB SODIMMs. Bottom line, I think that you can do this replacement - but it still depends upon the capabilities of your motherboard's BIOS. You'll have to contact the SFF PC/Laptop manufacturer and see what they (or their documentation) say.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi marcelo19711,

Greeting for the Day!

Hope you are doing well, Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response hence, there may be some inaccurate translation.

Please do not hesitate to contact us; we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi weswitt,

Greetings for the Day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi marcelo19711,

Greetings for the Day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi marcelo19711,

Greetings for the Day!

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos