Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
431 Discussions

Intel Optane(TM) SSD DC P4800X firmware upgrade failed.

RChen128
Beginner

I tried the Intel P4800X (with old firmware: E2010211) in our system and Windows Diskpart cannot detect it. So I tried to upgrade the firmware. But it didn’t work out.

Have you seen this issue before? Please check the screenshots below. Could you please help?

BTW, The same system with the same Windows OS is able to detect the card with newer firmware.

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello RChen128,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support. 

Whenever this happens, the error message you got related to the disable logical state, the first step to follow is the firmware update. Now, as per the screenshots provided, this looks like an OEM drive, meaning it came on a server rack or a prebuilt machine with a brand. When that is the case, sometimes the SSD can have a custom made firmware which seems to be the case for you. 

I say it is a custom made firmware because the version you have, E2010211, does not match the version we have published. Also, because of the message you got on the second screenshot under the section "FirmwareUpdateAvailable" which is asking you to contact our support team. 

With that said, the next step in order to do the firmware update, would be contacting that OEM, and asking for a firmware update to troubleshoot this matter. 

Finally, you mentioned this: "BTW, The same system with the same Windows OS is able to detect the card with newer firmware." were you referring to another drive or the same drive? If it was the same drive, were you able to use it as usual?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Esteban C

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello RChen128,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support. 

Whenever this happens, the error message you got related to the disable logical state, the first step to follow is the firmware update. Now, as per the screenshots provided, this looks like an OEM drive, meaning it came on a server rack or a prebuilt machine with a brand. When that is the case, sometimes the SSD can have a custom made firmware which seems to be the case for you. 

I say it is a custom made firmware because the version you have, E2010211, does not match the version we have published. Also, because of the message you got on the second screenshot under the section "FirmwareUpdateAvailable" which is asking you to contact our support team. 

With that said, the next step in order to do the firmware update, would be contacting that OEM, and asking for a firmware update to troubleshoot this matter. 

Finally, you mentioned this: "BTW, The same system with the same Windows OS is able to detect the card with newer firmware." were you referring to another drive or the same drive? If it was the same drive, were you able to use it as usual?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

RChen128,

This is a friendly reminder of the last update done back on 9/12/2019

Esteban C