Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.4.1 fails to install, reboots PC, any ideas?

LBeau1
Beginner

Hello, I tried installing the latest version of Intel SSD Toolbox (3.4.1) It fails to install, and causes my PC to reboot. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Intel SSDSC2BP480G4 730 series SSD, Intel Core i7 2600-K CPU, with 8GB RAM. Thank you for any information.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SDavi14
Beginner

I can confirm this is happening. It seems to reboot when trying to install the dependencies C++ 2015 when the system already has the c++ 2015 runtime installed. To get round this I had to uninstall c++ 2015 from the machine. Upon doing this the installer works again without rebooting.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Redbird95,

We have just tried the installation in a few systems and it worked fine (Even on a Windows* 7 computer). Our suggestion is to try to gather the logs from the installation, you may find those in C:\Intel\logs and the files are: IntelSSDTDK.log and IntelSSDToolbox.log

With the logs we may try to find what is causing the installation to stop or fail, we also recommend to check your system for any kind of malware that may be preventing the software from being installed.

Please share the logs by replying here and clicking on "advanced editor" and then click on attach so we can check on those.

Regards,

NC
SDavi14
Beginner

I can confirm this is happening. It seems to reboot when trying to install the dependencies C++ 2015 when the system already has the c++ 2015 runtime installed. To get round this I had to uninstall c++ 2015 from the machine. Upon doing this the installer works again without rebooting.

Hope this helps

LBeau1
Beginner

Thank you Effigee!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you NC for your reply.

It's weird as I have never had a problem before updating SSD Toolbox on my two desktops. My other desktop installed fine without a hitch. Thank you again!

SDavi14
Beginner

No problems glad it helped you.

Intel I think you need to look into this as this was the first time I ever had a problem with a release also.

Regards

Effigee

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Redbird95,

We are glad to know that you have the software installed now. Thanks to Effigee for the assistance.

We will provide all this valuable feedback to our software team in order to avoid this from happening.

Thank you and have a great week.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
HMe
Beginner

I have the same problem as Redbird95 but I do not have C++ 2015 installed.

I also tried an older version same problem.

I just see that there is an error message which I cannot read as the PC is rebooting

Regards

rpkcer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rpkcer,

We understand you are unable to install the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox and you have tried different versions already.

First, we want to make sure you tried the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26574/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox latest version 3.4.3 and also please try to share with us the following:

-The operating system you are using

-Hardware of your computer (Make/model, motherboard, etc)

-Attach the logs from Toolbox - C:\intel\logs (files needed are: IntelSSDTDK.log & IntelSSDToolbox.log)

When attaching the logs, please remember to use the advanced editor button and attach them from there.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
HMe
Beginner

Hello Nestor,

Many thanks for coming back.

Yesterday late evening finally I found the C++ 2015 installation on my computer and I managed to solve the problem by reinstalling "vc_redist.x86.exe" and after that it worked fine.

Thanks and regards,

rpkcer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rpkcer,

We are glad to hear the installation finally worked after removing the C++ 2015.

In case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos