Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.5.5 Command line and Intel 905P Light Color

FLibe2
Beginner

Good afternoon,

I am having trouble to switch off the LED fo the PCIE Intel 905P.

I am trying to use the command line, but it is the only command that give me "Invalid arguments" but I don't know why.

Could you please help me? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello fabiol,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series. If we infer correctly and in order to further assist you, please, review and take into consideration the following information:

The following steps describe how to change the LED status:

1. Install the latest version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28036/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (must be 3.5.3 or later).

2. Find and copy the path* to the Intel SSD Toolbox application.

* The path may be different depending on the computer.3. Open the Command Prompt and navigate to the Intel SSD Toolbox folder.- You can use the following command (using cd C:\..) as an example:

4. Execute the following command (including the quotation marks):a) "Intel SSD Toolbox".exe -drive_index # -led_color ?b) Replace # with the number of the drive as it shows up in Disk Managementc) Replace ? with one of the following: - green<br style="font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-stroke-wid...
0 Kudos
FLibe2
Beginner

Hi Josh,

and thank you very much for your answer.

I've just tried following your suggestion but still doesn't work. Now I don't receive any invalid arguments but at the same time, nothing happens! The led is still blue.

I've already tried of course running the Command Prompt as Administrator Attached a screenshot with a different try.

BTW, I cannot see your pictures attached!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabiol

Thank you for your reply.

In order to further assist you we need you to provide us with the following basic information:

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
FLibe2
Beginner

Hello Josh!

Here you are attached the file requested, and following the firmware number.

FIRMWARE E2010420

Hope to hear from you good news soon!

Thanks and best,

-

FL

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabiol

We are going to be working in reviewing the information, pictures and the logs you provided, we will be contacting you back as soon as we have an update or in case that further information is required.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
FLibe2
Beginner

Thank you!

meanwhile I will try to install the 3.5.3 and try with it. Maybe the problem is because it is my OS drive? I will try as well in safe mode.

please, let me know ASAP!

thanks a lo.

0 Kudos
FLibe2
Beginner

Good morning,

any news?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabiol,

As part of the troubleshooting, please, try the 3.5.6 version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28234/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?product=80096 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28234/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?product=80096

We will be looking forward to your reply with the results of using this software.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
FLibe2
Beginner

So, I've tried the new 3.5.6 version, but it didn't work.

I've reinstalled Windows for the second time from scratch, reinstalled the 3.5.6 Intel SSD Toolbox, AND THIS TIME ALSO Intel NVME Drivers for Optane located here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27518/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs?product=129835 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27518/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs?product=129835

ONLY after this, It worked!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabiol,

We are glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue you were experiencing.

We will like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
FLibe2
Beginner

Thank you for your support.

Yes, of course, you can close this case!

0 Kudos