Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Intel ssd 670p not booting up

Linzy
Beginner

Please Help.

I recently purchased an Intel 670p ssd.  I installed it in a B450M DS3H WiFi motherboard.  I did all of the following:  

1.  Formated SSD 6 

2.  Cloned original SSD to SSD 6 

3.  Turned on Secure Boot State 

4.  TPM is on 

SSD 6 is being recognized by Windows 11, Bios and File Explorer .  But when I boot up my pc, B450M DS3H cannot boot from SSD 6.   The pc goes into recovery mode with an exception error  of 0Xc000000e and it says resourse cannot be found.  Im not sure if it cannot find the SSD 6 or what is happening. 

There are no drivers to download for SSD 6.  I did check firmware and it is up to date.  I went into the BIOS and confirmed the SSD 6 was the boot device.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

Windows 11 

Aisurix Rx 580 8 gb (display card) 

32 gb Ram 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Linzy 

Are you aware that Intel 670p ssd is a NVMe type SSD? In order to boot from NVMe drive the Windows should be installed in UEFI mode (i.e. the SSD should include EFI partition and the drive should be portioned with GPT partition rather than MBR). Was your old SSD partitioned  this way?  If you need, you may convert your system to GPT without loosing data.  This article is an example how to do this.  Any way before starting this procedure, it is advised to prepare backup of your drive. 

In addition UEFI boot should be enabled in BIOS.

Leon

0 Kudos
Linzy
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I knew it is an NVMe.  Windows is installed in UEFI mode.  The original drive is in GPT format and so is the NVMe.  I made all the required setting in Bios (i.e disabled cms support, fast boot etc).

Not sure what is happening.  Here’s a list of things I’ve tried.

Updated Bios

Checked firmware on NVMe

There are no drivers for NVMe (using whatever Windows 11 has )

Created Windows 11 USB drive and tried to do a start up repair

Im just not sure what is happening.  Maybe NVMe is bad.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. After you cloned the original SSD to the 670P, did you removed the original SSD?

2. Just for test purpose, you may try a Clean Installation of Windows 11 on the 670P SSD.

Leon

0 Kudos
Linzy
Beginner

I removed it and went into Bio and made NVMe the first boot device.   And yes I've been thinking about doing a clean install.  I wonder will it let me activate the windows 11 from the original windows 11.  

Got another question.  The original ssd had four partions other than the main one and two of those partitions are at the begining of the ssd.  Shouldn't the main partition be the first partition? Or is it ok leaving it as it.  Since the NVMe was cloned from the ssd it has the same partitions.  

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You will be able to reactivate your Windows 11 after changing the system drive. Please follow the Microsoft instructions

I'm attaching an image from my computer, showing drive partitions on Intel 600P Series drive I've.  You can see that the first partito is the boot partition (EFI), then is some redundant unallocated space, next the main "C" partition and finally the Recovery Partition.

Leon

0 Kudos
Linzy
Beginner

Leon,  

Thanks for all of your assistance.  After speaking with you last night I decided to do a new install.  It worked.  Im good.  Could not have done it with out you.  Again....THANKS

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad that you computer works. After Windows clean installation do not forget all necessary drivers from the OEM site. The first driver to be installed is the Chipset Driver. Only after installing this driver and rebooting your computer you may continue with the other drivers  (sequence of installation is not important).

Leon

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Linzy.

I'm glad to hear this has been resolved with the help of LeonWaksman.

Just for future reference, Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

- https://www.solidigm.com/support.html

- https://community.solidigm.com/t5/announcements/solidigm-support-options/ba-p/23697

The thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos