Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

need more information

mochongli
Novice

IntelMAS

NVMeFormat:

SecureEraseSetting
ProtectionInformation

MetadataSettings
Only a brief introduction in the pdf, is there more information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, mochongli.

Good day,

Yes, that is the information available on the IMAS documentation, and there are no more details we can provide beyond what is mentioned there, as the Intel Memory and Storage Tool executes the NVMe format following the NVMe specification, which is out of our scope of support.

You can review NVMe specification in their website:

- https://nvmexpress.org/specifications/

If there is anything else, please let me know, but if that is not the case I will close the thread on May 16th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, mochongli.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forum.

I received your ticket regarding these particular settings, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please allow me to confirm if there is more information we can provide, and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, mochongli.

Thank you for waiting.

The Intel Memory and Storage Tool executes the NVMe format following the NVMe specification, and the specification itself is out of the scope of the Intel Memory and Storage Tool documentation and out of our scope of support, but you can check the NVMe specifications to learn more about those options.

If there is anything else, please let me know and I will follow up on May 15th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
mochongli
Novice

cxz.jpg
here

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, mochongli.

Good day,

Yes, that is the information available on the IMAS documentation, and there are no more details we can provide beyond what is mentioned there, as the Intel Memory and Storage Tool executes the NVMe format following the NVMe specification, which is out of our scope of support.

You can review NVMe specification in their website:

- https://nvmexpress.org/specifications/

If there is anything else, please let me know, but if that is not the case I will close the thread on May 16th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, mochongli.

Good day,

Thank you for the kudos.

I will proceed to close this community thread since there are no additional questions, but please feel free to open a new thread or contact us using any of the available support methods if you need any type of assistance from Intel in the future; and you may also receive a survey to help us improve.

Contact us site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.