Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Optane Memory

Larry43
Beginner

Event

Device settings for SCSI\Disk&Ven_Intel&Prod_Optane+932GBSSD\4&632e028&0&070000 were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Larry43,

Hope this message finds you well.

Please be informed that as per the product description your product (Intel® Optane™ Memory Series (32GB, M.280mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D Xpoint) Generic 100pk) have reached the end of its interactive technical support life (EOIS).

However, you can find recommendations at Intel Community forums and additional information at the Discontinued Products website. EOIS products does not have active support from Intel and agent intervention is not expected. EOIS products can only receive suggestions from other fellow community users.

Our advice is to update the drivers and firmware if applicable, test it with other system and if the memory module is faulty, please reach out to your place of purchase to discuss in regards with the replacement process. 

With that, we will proceed with closing this case at our end. It is our pleasure to continue to serve you with the next generation of Intel innovation at Intel.com. Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hello Larry43

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for reaching out to Intel Community.

I am reaching out to better understand the issue you are currently experiencing. Could you please provide more details on what actually happened prior to this issue.

Additionally, have you tried updating the drivers. If no, please do so and let us know the outcome. Besides that, please swap the device to another system and check of the issue still persist. 

Please also provide pictures of the SSD so we can verify its Serial Number.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
Larry43
Beginner
Hi Ragulan_Intel

I am using a z370 Asus prime motherboard. This is a backup PC but used regularly. 
I finally removed the Optane memory PCB because my system was telling me that it was degraded. PC is a little slower now but usable. I have another module the same size to try if I can find it.

The module is a 32 gb device. Model MEMPEK1W032GA, The SN is PHBT814600H6032E.

Thanks for the quick response. 
0 Kudos
ManoranjanDas
Employee

Hello Larry43

Greetings from Intel!

Thank you for reaching out to Intel Community.

Thank you for sharing all the information. Could you please provide the following details so we can proceed further with this case?

Could you confirm whether the SSD was shipped with the system or added later?

Please provide pictures of the SSD so we can verify its serial number.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Manoranjan.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Larry43,

Hope this message finds you well.

Please be informed that as per the product description your product (Intel® Optane™ Memory Series (32GB, M.280mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D Xpoint) Generic 100pk) have reached the end of its interactive technical support life (EOIS).

However, you can find recommendations at Intel Community forums and additional information at the Discontinued Products website. EOIS products does not have active support from Intel and agent intervention is not expected. EOIS products can only receive suggestions from other fellow community users.

Our advice is to update the drivers and firmware if applicable, test it with other system and if the memory module is faulty, please reach out to your place of purchase to discuss in regards with the replacement process. 

With that, we will proceed with closing this case at our end. It is our pleasure to continue to serve you with the next generation of Intel innovation at Intel.com. Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

@Larry43 

1. Before removing the Intel Optane Memory module, you should run the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application and disable the Optane acceleration.

2. After disabling the Optane acceleration, you should boot your system in SAFE mode and then enter BIOS settings.  In BIOS setting (while the Windows is set to SAFE mode), you should change the SATA mode from "Intel RST Premium with Optane" to AHCI. Next save the settings and exit from BIOS to Windows. Now you may set Windows to NORMAL boot mode.

3. You may uninstall the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application and the RST driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
Larry43
Beginner

Thanks for responding. Apparently, the memory module has degraded. Trying to fix it was not working so I finally remove it. Thanks for your advice. 

0 Kudos