Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Optane SSD 905P Warrantee

N_S
Beginner

I recently bought an Optane SSD 905P 1.5Tb consumer drive from Newegg.  On some intel pages, it says it has a 5 year warrantee - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020951/memory-and-storage.html  , and other pages say it's discontinued which I understand.  Do I still get a warrantee?  I've tried the warrantee information page, but it keeps saying the product can't be found regardless of how I enter the SN, Batch# or other information.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
N_S
Beginner

I found that I had to select "other product" on the warrantee page and enter the serial number and sa number for the drive.  Clicking check product then prompts me for two variants, one with an m.2 cable and the other with a u.2 cable, and then I get the warrantee information for the drive.  Selecting "Intel Optane products" from the product selection drop down never worked for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
N_S
Beginner

I found that I had to select "other product" on the warrantee page and enter the serial number and sa number for the drive.  Clicking check product then prompts me for two variants, one with an m.2 cable and the other with a u.2 cable, and then I get the warrantee information for the drive.  Selecting "Intel Optane products" from the product selection drop down never worked for me.

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi N_S,

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel community. We acknowledge receipt of your concern and want to assure you that assisting you is our top priority.

We see that you have already accepted a solution. Kindly confirm if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Simon

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi N_S,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as we have not received a response to our previous follow-up, and since you have accepted a solution.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Simon

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos