Intel® Quantum SDK
Forum related to Intel Quantum SDK, a full-stack software kit for programming and executing algorithms on simulated quantum hardware.
36 Discussions

Quantum SDK image file (decker) failed to download.

Imran_K_1
Beginner

Hello Forum,

i wonder is there anybody has an issue downloading Quantum SDK; several attempts made but constantly getting the following error:

"WARN[1503] Failed, retrying in 1s ... (1/3). Error: writing blob: storing blob to file "/var/tmp/storage1158052081/6": happened during read: read tcp 192.168.1.103:60126->104.16.100.207:443: read: connection timed out"

Does anybody have any idea why I am getting an error?  Even though made /var/tmp/ directory read/write with max storage capacity.

Please guide if anyone knows what is the problem.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KevinR_Intel

I've not encountered this error before. I just confirmed that the issue isn't on the server side. My best guess based on the "read tcp XX->XXX: read: connection timed out" is that something isn't set correctly in your network settings and not a file/directory permission error.

Are you able to use your docker/podman tool to connect and pull any other image?

0 Kudos
Imran_K_1
Beginner

Hello KevinR_intel,

I am using intel intel-provided utility:  "podman intellabs/intel_quantum_sdk" command and download does go through various files but when it comes to downloading the following blob image it fails:

Copying blob 3c26a6af726e [=>--------------------------------] 126.3MiB / 2.4GiB

the entire system goes inactive for a while and then start all over again and again at least 4 time and reach to

command prompt.

Images never get downloaded into the system. I checked in /var/tmp/<randomnumber-4/ directory and saw only six files but Seventh did not get downloaded which is important I guess due to its size, 2.4GB it does get pulled 2.0 GB but then after stopping activity.

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

Imrank

Download halt depicted in this image:

Imran_K_1_0-1696521943849.png

0 Kudos
KevinR_Intel

A few baseline suggestions/questions:  do you have an additional .4 GiB free on your disk? If so, are you able to successfully download other projects hosted at Docker Hub? Can you try removing the intel_quantum_sdk image and pulling again?