Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15331 Discussions

AOC 16.1 does not compile and shows only header message

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using AOCL 16.1 [pro] with INTEL-UNIVERSITY-PROGRAM license. 

I installed the device DE5-NET where AOCL and AOCL DIAGNOSE work well and show SUCCESS messages. 

When I try to compile any .cl file with AOC, i just recieve this message and AOC exits: 

aoc: Use Quartus Prime Standard Edition for non A10 devices. Current Quartus Version is: Quartus Prime Shell Version 16.1.0 Build 196 10/24/2016 SJ Pro Edition Copyright (C) 2016 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.  

Although Quartus PRO works fine and has no troubles with the license, i still suspect in a license issue. 

Any ideas what the problem would be ? 

P.S.: 

• The licnese has the following products: 

1. Quartus PRO Edition Fixed for University Program 

2. Altera SDK for OpenCL (University) 

3. ModelSim + DSP 

• The license has two companion IDs and the PC I am using is one of the two companion IDs not the main computer ID. 

• The PC runs WINDOWS-7-SP1-64x and has only one NIC with a MAC-ADDRESS contained in one of the two companion IDs. 

• The shown message comes from windows command window ran with admin rights when i issue the command: aoc -c device\hello_world.cl. The parameters -v and --report has no effect. 

Thanks in advance !
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should use Quartus Prime standard for compiling against Stratix V. Quartus Prime pro is for Arria/Cyclone/Stratix 10 devices.