Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

AOC 16.1 does not compile and shows only header message

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using AOCL 16.1 [pro] with INTEL-UNIVERSITY-PROGRAM license. 

I installed the device DE5-NET where AOCL and AOCL DIAGNOSE work well and show SUCCESS messages. 

When I try to compile any .cl file with AOC, i just recieve this message and AOC exits: 

aoc: Use Quartus Prime Standard Edition for non A10 devices. Current Quartus Version is: Quartus Prime Shell Version 16.1.0 Build 196 10/24/2016 SJ Pro Edition Copyright (C) 2016 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.  

Although Quartus PRO works fine and has no troubles with the license, i still suspect in a license issue. 

Any ideas what the problem would be ? 

P.S.: 

• The licnese has the following products: 

1. Quartus PRO Edition Fixed for University Program 

2. Altera SDK for OpenCL (University) 

3. ModelSim + DSP 

• The license has two companion IDs and the PC I am using is one of the two companion IDs not the main computer ID. 

• The PC runs WINDOWS-7-SP1-64x and has only one NIC with a MAC-ADDRESS contained in one of the two companion IDs. 

• The shown message comes from windows command window ran with admin rights when i issue the command: aoc -c device\hello_world.cl. The parameters -v and --report has no effect. 

Thanks in advance !
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should use Quartus Prime standard for compiling against Stratix V. Quartus Prime pro is for Arria/Cyclone/Stratix 10 devices.

0 Kudos