Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

AOCL install failing to find kernel source files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I am trying to install the aocl drivers on my machine but I am getting the following error: 

# aocl install . aocl install: Running install from /opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/17.0/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/libexec Looking for kernel source files in /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64/build Looking for kernel source files in /usr/src/kernels/3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64 Error: Failed to find kernel source files. The PCIe driver requires headers and Makefiles for your current Linux kernel, but these could not be found on your system. Please install these on the machine. For example: On RedHat: sudo apt-get source linux On Ubuntu: sudo yum install kernel-devel aocl install: failed. 

The machine is running Centos 7.4 and the FPGA is an Arria 10. I tried to install kernel-devel like the warning message suggests but it didn't help. Any recommendations? 

Thanks! 

Adel
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By default CentOS will install kernel headers for the latest available kernel, which might be newer than your active kernel. Apart from installing kernel headers, you should also update your existing kernel and reboot your machine and after that make sure your kernel and kernel header versions match.

0 Kudos