Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Altera SDK license for OpenCL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I am getting an Eroor for aoc command. 

Error : aoc : cant find valid License for Altera SDK for OpenCL. 

Please note: I alreday gave all Licenses. 

What to do now? How can I check wether, I have my licenses executed or not?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you set the LM_LICENCE_PATH environment variable?  

Please check the name in the documentation, I don't know if I have the exact name.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did you set the LM_LICENCE_PATH environment variable?  

Please check the name in the documentation, I don't know if I have the exact name. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi. Yes, I appiled environment variable for Licence. But still I am getting an error. 

Could you please let me know any command to verify Licences? 

I have one more question: for my case source ./init_opencl.sh command is showing error. "Source command is not found". Could you let me know why I am not able to run this command?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't know about any command, but you can check in Quartus. Tools->License setup

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I check in Quartus. Licences are already there. 

Well, I am using floating licences and same licence I gave path to environment variable. Now what can I do? 

Just wanted to make sure that Licences which I am using for Quartus, can I use same Licence for OpenCL SDK?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is the same license file, but, as far as I know, you'll need a license for the OpenCL SDK as well. That license is written into the license file. But maybe you might look into the Altera documentation: https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/aocl_getting_started.pdf page 2-5

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I know that I have Licence for Quartus but I am not sure that I have valid licence for OpenCL SDK. Now how can I verify OpenCL SDK Licence without Quartus? 

What I understand till date is : I need another Licence for OpenCL SDK. Am I right?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Jup, that's correct. You can open the license file in a text editor and see if you can find mentions of the OpenCL SDK.

0 Kudos