Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Altera-USB Blaster II is unsigned and difficult to install on Windows 10.

dond
Beginner

One has to go through much trouble to install the Altera-USB Blaster II driver because it is unsigned. This really should be solved by Intel who is distributing the driver software. It wouldn't be hard to have a signed version and it would help your customers very much if you did.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

That might be due to issue with USB Blaster. Due to the expiration of the digital signature certificate of the Intel® FPGA Download Cable I (formerly referred to as USB Blaster I download cable) and the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II (formerly referred to as USB Blaster II download cable) drivers for Windows* operating system, the installation process of the drivers may fail.

We have publish a KDB for user to follow:

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2021/why-does-the-intel--fpga-download-cables-drivers-installation-fa.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
dond
Beginner

Yes, this solution is similar to the one I employed. It is a work-around. It would be best if you updated your website with a driver installation that works without this work-around. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos