Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Another sld_hub error

aakkü
Novice

Hello,

I am trying to use NIOS 2 processor in max10 FPGA thus I've been unsuccesful. My project includes a NIOS 2 processor with parallel I/O controlling some LEDS.

This is the error I get when I try to compile the project:

Error (11176): Set_instance_parameter_value: There is no parameter named DESIGN_HASH on instance alt_sld_fab

Error (11176): Alt_sld_fab.: version not allowed for EModuleProperty, must be in {[DESCRIPTION, NAME, VERSION, MODULE_TCL_FILE, MODULE_DIRECTORY, INTERNAL, HIDE_FROM_SOPC, HIDE_FROM_QSYS, HIDE_FROM_QUARTUS, OPAQUE_ADDRESS_MAP, GROUP, AUTHOR, ICON_PATH, DISPLAY_NAME, DATASHEET_URL, TOP_LEVEL_HDL_FILE, TOP_LEVEL_HDL_MODULE, INSTANTIATE_IN_SYSTEM_MODULE, EDITABLE, VALIDATION_CALLBACK, EDITOR_CALLBACK, ELABORATION_CALLBACK, GENERATION_CALLBACK, COMPOSITION_CALLBACK, PARAMETER_UPGRADE_CALLBACK, OUTDATED_IP_FILE, ANALYZE_HDL, STATIC_TOP_LEVEL_MODULE_NAME, FIX_110_VIP_PATH, SUPPORTED_DEVICE_FAMILIES, REPORT_TO_TALKBACK, ALLOW_GREYBOX_GENERATION, SUPPRESS_WARNINGS, STRUCTURAL_COMPOSITION_CALLBACK, NATIVE_INTERPRETER, PREFERRED_SIMULATION_LANGUAGE, REPORT_HIERARCHY, UPGRADEABLE_FROM]}

Error (12154): Can't elaborate inferred hierarchy "sld_hub:auto_hub"

Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 4 warnings

Error: Peak virtual memory: 4931 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Tue Jan 29 14:19:40 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:33

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:49

Error: Peak virtual memory: 4931 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Tue Jan 29 14:19:40 2019

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:33

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:49

Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 5 errors, 4 warnings

I googled this problem and found out similar forum threads, but nothing fixed my problem.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
36 Replies
aakkü
Novice

I know it's not a project issue, it is obivous now because you can run it with no problem. It should be about my system or something. When you consult with the Quartus team can you please tell them that I run windows 10, tried reinstalling multiple times, tried different versions of quartus (16, 17,18) tried both versions of NIOS II, tried different examples from desing store containing NIOS II and I got the same errors in every single case. Maybe this has to do with windows 10?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
I am using Windows 10 with Quartus 16.1 and 18.1 without any issue, I recommend you to check if the tool has a inflection with any other software and to disable the antivirus then reinstall the tool again.
0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

I'll try that and get back to you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

No matter how many times I try consistently get the same errors. I did what you told me to do and I get the same errors.

I've been trying the same thing over and over again, I don't know what to try next. What should I do now?

0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice

I am getting exactly the same error, No matter what I try. I use quartus web 15.0, so not a licensing issue. Aakkü, have you solved the problem, what do you suggest? Is trying to solve this error a waste of time? Obviously I wont downgrade my windows 10 just for Quartus.

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

There doesn't seeem to be any solution. I believe it's waste time to try to solve the issue or ask for help in the forums, DO NOT TRY I almost gone mad. If you definitely need signal tap or NIOS microproccessor you are out of luck. The only help that you can find here is them saying " can you reinstall the tool" which obviously doesn't solve anything.

0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice

Oh no! One of the main reasons why I bought an FPGA dev board (DE10 Lite) was to build softcore cpu and mpu's, I was even thinking of designing one! There must be a solution, I mean embedded_guy got it working on win10, I couldn't in win10 and win7. Ill try Ubuntu. I hope it will work.

0 Kudos
aakkü
Novice

Yes there are people (a lot of people) got it working on thier computer without any problem. However very few people get this spesific error and there seems to be no solution. If you get something working please let me know. Trying another OS is not an option with me, gotta stick with win 10.

Please keep me updated.

0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice

Tried on a win7 computer, still got the error with Quartus Web 15.0, Nios ii/f.... I am downloading Pro lite 16.0, and will update my PC to win10 may 2019 version. Windows Antivirus is turned off. I will keep you updated.

0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice

Tried on my win10 may 2019 pc with Quartus Pro Lite 16.0, Haha the same error. I even tried enabling SignalTap II wit a .stp file, disabling and enabling SignalTap II, NO F LUCK. I suppose it will not work on Ubuntu too. Seems like Xilinx is better at every scenario haha.

aakkü
Novice

I thought about switching vendors but I am already 6 months in the project switching vendors seems scary right now. Intel has a great FPGA product line, however there seems to be a lack of support. I hope they come up with something that actually works.

Kolay gelsin!

0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice

You won't believe but I installed Quartus 16.0 on a Windows 10 1803 pc, and it worked flawlessly! So I immediately copied the Quartus files, Quartus installer and the project I wrote to test on the computer. I am transfering the files to my computer which has Windows 10 1903, I hope it will work, and then I will share the files on drive, send you a link, and I hope everything will be fine again.

Size de kolay gelsin!

0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice
0 Kudos
yusufbas
Novice

I have installed Ubuntu and then Quartus 19.1 & 16.0. It works. For Quartus 19.1, Nios2 EDS doesn't launch. The installation process was rather hard for me, so I will link those sites which helped me. I recommend dual booting linux and windows if you have space in your drive or if you have multiple drives.

Ultra helpful: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Altera_Design_Software

Very helpful: https://www-acc.gsi.de/wiki/Timing/QuartusInstallUbuntu1404.

Important: Check library dependencies at page 7 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf

USBBlaster: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/iga1446847781805.html#iga1447180976435

Nios2 EDS problem: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyRITSA2/the-eclipsenios2-wont-start

Thats pretty much it. Spent more than a week to get everything working (multiple times on different linux distros). These sites are like they are from heaven.

aakkü
Novice

Congragulations I am glad you made it work and thank you for taking time to write an update about the progress you had.

Your other thread doesn't seem to have any useful suggestion other than redo everything all together.

Unfourtunately for me I can't switch to Ubunru or any other Linux type OS because I use other software in Windows and transporting all of them to Linux is just a big pain. I had to add a microconroller to my design just because I couldn't make NIOS working.

I guess I will not be using NIOS for a while. I wonder how Xilinx doing in Windows 10 :D

0 Kudos
burakduysak
Novice

Try to change your OS language. That's helps for me 

0 Kudos