Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Anyone have any sample verilog code for interfacing GRAPHICAL LCD?????

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hellow altruists, 

I am an apprentice in the field of FPGA.I am working with the SAXO board. 

Actually now i am trying to interface the FPGA with the graphical LCD.For this reason,i have already studied about both the text LCD and graphical LCD and already have achieved success in the case of text LCD but i am afraid its getting to much hard for me to develop the verilog code for graphical LCD.As someone advised me to convert the C code (which available in the web) into verilog,but still it seems difficult for me.So if anyone can share any kind of verilog code related with grapgical LCD with me,it would be very helpful for me. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thank You
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Mr. Ahmed, 

Have you considered implementing a Nios II processor in the FPGA on your board that can run the C code from the example ? 

You can write a small Qsys component or use the standard PIO component in Qsys to interface with your board. 

Then you can use Eclipse as an environment to debug your application in C. 

The other thing you might consider is build a FSM (finite state machine) in the FPGA that does the job you write in C (this could be a huge job). 

If you are really new to the FPGA, check out the tutorials from the Altera University. And Google the web for books from Mr. Pong Chu, i have looked for a long time to find good primers, these books are. 

Best Regards, 

Johi.
0 Kudos