Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Arria10 SXでCritical Warning (17951)、(18655)を消す方法はありますでしょうか。

G0
Beginner

Quartus prime Standerd Edition 18.0でArria10 SX(10AS066N3F40E2SG)を選択して

コンパイルを行ったところ、以下のCritical Warningが出力されました。

<Critical Warning内容>

Critical Warning (17951): There are 48 unused RX channels in the design. If you intend to use any of these channels in the future, you must add the assignment 'set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to <pin_name>' in your QSF file. This assignment will preserve the performance of specified channels over time. Note that unused channel preservation only works if the design uses or instantiates atleast 1 transceiver channel.

Critical Warning (18655): There are 48 unused TX channels in the design. If you intend to use any of these channels in the future, you must add the assignment 'set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to <pin_name>' in your QSF file. This assignment will preserve the performance of specified channels over time. Note that unused channel preservation only works if the design uses or instantiates atleast 1 transceiver channel.

過去の質問を見て.qsfファイルに以下の記述を追加しましたが、同じCritical Warningが出力されます。

set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON

また、Transceiver PHYを使用した場合にはこのCritical Warning が消えることが分かっています。

上記以外の方法でCritical Warning (17951)、(18655)を消す方法はありますか?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Well, these warnings are generated because there are unused transceiver RX channels in the device and is a normal warning message.

Unused transceiver TX channels in your Arria® 10 device may degrade over time when using the Quartus® Prime software version 16.0 and earlier.

The Quartus Prime software generates a warning message if your design contains unused transceiver channels. The warning message states that performance of unused channels may degrade over time if not properly preserved with the following Quartus Settings File (QSF) assignments. 

Global Assignment

set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON

Pin Specific Assignment

set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to pin_name

In the Quartus Prime software version 16.0 and earlier, the QSF assignment only preserved the unused receiver channel and did not properly preserve the unused transmitter channel.

You can also try the following to remove the warning:

Eliminate the warning by performing one of the following options:

1. Enable unused rx clock workaround. In your QSF file, insert the following assignment: 

set_global_assignment -name ENABLE_UNUSED_RX_CLOCK_WORKAROUND ON

2. Disable the warning (do this only if you are certain that you will not use other transceiver channels in your design). In your QSF file, insert the following assignment: 

set_global_assignment -name MESSAGE_DISABLE <message_id>

These warnings are normal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Well, these warnings are generated because there are unused transceiver RX channels in the device and is a normal warning message.

Unused transceiver TX channels in your Arria® 10 device may degrade over time when using the Quartus® Prime software version 16.0 and earlier.

The Quartus Prime software generates a warning message if your design contains unused transceiver channels. The warning message states that performance of unused channels may degrade over time if not properly preserved with the following Quartus Settings File (QSF) assignments. 

Global Assignment

set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON

Pin Specific Assignment

set_instance_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON -to pin_name

In the Quartus Prime software version 16.0 and earlier, the QSF assignment only preserved the unused receiver channel and did not properly preserve the unused transmitter channel.

You can also try the following to remove the warning:

Eliminate the warning by performing one of the following options:

1. Enable unused rx clock workaround. In your QSF file, insert the following assignment: 

set_global_assignment -name ENABLE_UNUSED_RX_CLOCK_WORKAROUND ON

2. Disable the warning (do this only if you are certain that you will not use other transceiver channels in your design). In your QSF file, insert the following assignment: 

set_global_assignment -name MESSAGE_DISABLE <message_id>

These warnings are normal

0 Kudos
G0
Beginner

Thanks for your kind reply, Abe.

Actually I have tried to add the assignment set_global_assignment -name ENABLE_UNUSED_RX_CLOCK_WORKAROUND ON, but it did not work. The critial warning still do not change.

And when I tried to add set_global_assignment -name MESSAGE_DISABLE <message_id>, quartus told me that there are errors in my .qsf file and the file will be overrided.

Hope to know how can I solve this.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Hie, Can you provide the error message when you "ENABLE_UNUSED_RX_CLK". Regards, Nathan
0 Kudos
G0
Beginner

Hi, Nathan.

Sorry for casuing your misunderstanding, I did not have an error when adding "ENABLE_UNUSED_RX_CLK", it just have no effect on my case. The critical warnings still appear.

And I tried to add the set_global_assignment -name MESSAGE_DISABLE <message_id> again and this time the error did not appear.

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos