Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Assembler internal error Aria 10

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I experience a crash during assembler stage for my design. Attached is the report generated by Quartus. 

As far i can understand there is an issue with some constraints regarding the IOPLL ip that i use. 

For the same design the assembler had worked fine before i included an IOPLL ip (very simple pll : one refclk one output, all else defaults) 

in the constraints i just include 'derive_pll_clocks' and 'derive_clock_uncertainty commands. 

anybody had similar problem before? i saw some issues with Aria 10 in Quartus but i don't think this is my problem as without the IOPLL i could get a sof file...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thats a tool crash - you'll have to raise a mysupport ticket to find out the cause. 

Have you tried using Q16 instead of 15?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thats a tool crash - you'll have to raise a mysupport ticket to find out the cause. 

Have you tried using Q16 instead of 15? 

--- Quote End ---  

I think i will ask the support , it is just weird because with the similar design and another (more complex) PLL it doesn't crash. I wonder if there is some assembler parameter that has to be set...
0 Kudos