Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16599 Discussions

Associated Flash memory problem

FranciscoPolo
Beginner

I am using the Intel IP Parallel Loader in an Arria V FPGA wiht the Quartus Prime Sotware, I have no problem loading the IP program in the FPGA, the problem is with the flash memory used, in the application they propose CFL flash memories, which are They find all obsolete and I have not found an application manual that proposes new CFI flash memories to use.
I put an AMD compatible flash memory with CFI  (SST39VF3201C) and when trying to record it using the Parallel Loader Flash IP application it gives me the following error:
"Can´t recognize the Flash device that attached to device 1. The Flash device is not supported by Quartus Prime software".

I have tried to generate a "Define CFI Flash Device", but it does not get it, it could be that I am missing the "CFI Flash extended device ID" data that I cannot find in the memory datasheet SST39VF3201C.

Could you help me generate this "Define CFI flash Device" with the mentioned Flash memory.
Could you help me find a 32 Mb Flash compatible with Quartus Prime Software and that is not obsolete.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
FranciscoPolo
Beginner

The answer given by you does not correspond to what I ask, I want to put the SST39VF3201 memory to be able to record it through a PFL and use it as a bootloader of another device, this memory is not and will not be used as a configuration memory of the FPGA

0 Kudos