Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Automatically open as ATTACHED window

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, I've just installed Quartus II 10.0 and SP1 and I've found that everything (like programmer etc.) is opening as a detached window. It is quite useful to be able do detach the window, but I personally prefer to have everything attached. The problem is, that I am unable to find where to disable this feature. For example when I open Quartus Help for the options of the Programmer, there is written that in the Options dialog box should be these checkboxes: 

Show checksum without usercode 

Initiate configuration after programming 

Display message when programming finishes 

Enable real-time ISP to allow background programming 

Halt on-chip configuration controller 

Automatically check the Program/Configure checkbox when adding SOF 

Configure volatile design security key for Stratix III devices 

Use bitstream compression to configure devices when available 

Automatically open as detached window 

PFL / enhanced SFL run CRC check for faster verification 

Use enhanced Serial flash Loader (SFL) IP as factory default image 

Check block CRCs to accelerate PFL/SFL verification when available 

Unprotect EPCS devices selected for the erase/program operation 

But when I open the Options dialog, there are two options missing: 

Automatically open as detached window 

PFL / enhanced SFL run CRC check for faster verification 

The options are the same when the programmer is detached and attached. Am I missing something? I also found that there aren't any registry entries for the Quartus 10.0 anymore, so I cannot find any way how to set this checkbox without a GUI. Is there any configuration file that can be altered to get this work? 

Martin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry if this post seems a little obvious, but I am quite new to Quartus II myself... 

I've noticed that some of the Quartus Help pages have extra options and things which aren't in my version of Quartus II (10.0 Web edition with SP1) 

I am assuming that these options and features are available within the subscription edition but the help files have been kept the same for both of the current versions of Quartus II. 

Sorry that doesn't help a lot, but might explain why there were options missing.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, no, this is not this case. The option should be there even in the web edition version. This is a bug in the Quartus software. I just don't know any workaround for this other than waiting for new version of Quartus... But I am pretty sure that there must be some configuration file or registry entry for this, to change this behavior without the IDE. 

Martin
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i think window behavior changed in 10.0 as you've found. i don't think there's a way to change it

0 Kudos