Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Can I add my USB to JTAG debugger in quartus?

CAT-IOT
Beginner

CH347 is a USB to JTAG operation. I want to use my CH347 JTAG interface to debug FPGA in quartus, but quartus don't recognize it now. How can I add the CH347-JTAG interface by quartus?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You have to use the official download cable (USB Blaster).  I don't think any 3rd party solutions would work for this.

0 Kudos
CAT-IOT
Beginner

Thank you for your answer. I'm just studying.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You will need a USB Blaster II programming cable to access to the FPGA you want to debug.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
CAT-IOT
Beginner

Hello,

Does quartus have a way to load plug-ins? Can we provide a USB to JTAG interface to enable other USB to jtag devices to be used on quartus.

regards,

Cat-iot

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to use USB blaster to connect using JTAG. Intel do not have records in using other USB.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos