Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Can't erase/reprogram EPCQ Flash via Quartus Prime Programmer

Gyud0
Beginner

Hey,

I was successfully reprogram and erase a .JIC file to  EPCQ MT25QL512 Flash device via Quartus Prime Programmer. The Flash is connected to Cyclone V device.

After that, I accidently made a .JIC file while the .sof file (page_0) doesn't start from the init address 0x00000000 and I was trying to reprogram the Flash device with this file. The program process has been stopped at 53% and I got the error "can't recognized silicon ID for device 1.......".

After this mistake, I'm unable to erase and reprogram the Flash device, I got the same error every try.

I would like to get a help with this problem. How can I erase the Flash content?

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, any idea what are the changes you made when creating the JIC file? Have you selected the correct device part number?

Also, can you try to program the known to work JIC into it?

0 Kudos
Gyud0
Beginner

The Only change was that I placed the .sof (page_0) of the design in address different from 0x00000000.

I tried to program a valid .JIC file but it has been stopped at 53% and I got the error "can't recognized silicon ID for device 1.......".

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Did u change the starting address also if you set page0 address at other addresses. Also, are you using USB Blaster II? Can you try to reduce the TCK frequency?

0 Kudos
Gyud0
Beginner

Yeah, I reduced the TCK frequency to 6/1Mhz and I was programming the FPGA with a .sof file.

After that, I was trying again to program/erase the Flash with a valid .JIC file but it failed again with the same error and after 53% in the process 

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, is the device part number selected in the quartus match with the hardware? Also, is the MSEL in AS mode?

0 Kudos
Gyud0
Beginner

Yes, the Device is match with the hardware. The MSEL pins as well.

The Quartus project setting and the MSEL pins keep unchanged.  The only changed was the start address of the .sof

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It seems like now changing the TCK frequency to 6MHz works for SOF but not JIC. Also, the JIC (without changing the starting address of page_0) works but the JIC (with starting address changes) doesnt work? Am i correct?

0 Kudos