Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Can't launch QuestaSim simulation software

billviso
Beginner

When 'Tools-Run simulation tool - RTL simulation' is clicked, error occurs -> 

billviso_0-1640921717149.png

The environment variable is correct and software properly installed. Why does this error keep occurring?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Can you check if the simulation path is correct? in Tools>Options>EDA Tool Options

0 Kudos
SriRK
Beginner

Hello,

I do have the same issue. My EDA tool option and license file setup as below.  

SriRK_0-1641565833489.png

License file setup

SriRK_1-1641565904200.png

Error:

Info: Info: Starting NativeLink simulation with Questasim software
Error: Error: Can't launch QuestaSim Simulation software -- make sure the software is properly installed and the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE points to the correct license file.
Error: Can't launch QuestaSim Simulation software -- make sure the software is properly installed and the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE points to the correct license file.
Error: Error: NativeLink simulation flow was NOT successful
Info: Info: For messages from NativeLink scripts, check the file C:/intelFPGA_lite/21.1/counter_nativelink_simulation.rpt
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script c:/intelfpga_lite/21.1/quartus/common/tcl/internal/nativelink/qnativesim.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 4 errors, 0 warnings
Error: Peak virtual memory: 4743 megabytes
Error: Processing ended: Fri Jan 7 06:25:04 2022
Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:01
Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:00
Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 6 errors, 13 warnings

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Below is the error when tried to launch 

Tools>Run Simulation Tool> RTL simulation

SriRK_2-1641566154297.png

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Regards

Sri RK

0 Kudos