Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15539 Discussions

Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Getopt::Long module)

MUmar
Beginner

platform designer in quartus 19.1 ​is giving error when trying to generate memories or any ip

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you provide the design and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

MUmar
Beginner

Info: CDB_memory: Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Getopt::Long module)

at /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_onchip_memory2/generate_rtl.pl line 18.

at /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_onchip_memory2/generate_rtl.pl line 18.

MUmar
Beginner

​I found a workaround but its temp hack till quartus release some patch

mkdir -p /tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64

ln -s /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/linux64/perl/lib .

ln -s /cad/altera/19.1/quartus/linux64/perl/lib .

by linking it goes ahead and generate

but then I have different problem is. for version 19 I need to upgrade my license server as well. that what I found ut so far

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Are you using the Pro edition or Standard edition?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

GJone21
Beginner

Hi,

I have experienced a similar problem.

Running Quartus Prime Lite 19.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

When generating HDL from Platform Designer, get the following error:

"

Info: button_pio: Can't locate Getopt/Long.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Getopt::Long module)

(@INC contains:

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/europa

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/sopc_builder/bin

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/common

~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_pio

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/site_perl/5.28.1/x86_64-linux

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/site_perl/5.28.1

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/5.28.1/x86_64-linux

/tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/lib/5.28.1)

"

The workaround I found (based on MUmar's fix) is:

1) Create the folder that is being looked for by Platform Designer:

sudo mkdir /tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/

2) Create link in this new directory to the perl stuff that is bundled with Quartus:

sudo ln -s ~/intelFPGA_lite/19.1/quartus/linux64/perl/lib /tools/perl/5.28.1/linux64/

This seems to allow the perl being used by Platform Designer to find the GetOpt code contained in the Quartus Prime installation directory.

Best wishes,

Gwilym