Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Cannot Generate Timing Report in TimeQuest Timing Analyzer

TBake8
Beginner

Hi, I'm looking to investigate the setup times for a design I have. However, despite following AN 775 as best I as I can, I am not generating any outputs from my design. Instead all I see are two Data ports which I haven't declared myself in my design...

timing1.png

Here is the pin planner - it shows these extra pins, but also my own data ports.

timing2.png

Furthermore here are my declared ports in my top level file.

module bertfront( input clk, input inbitstream, input [1:0] control, //[1] start, [0] reset output outbitstream, output reg ledstatus, output reg [31:0] totalbits, output reg [31:0] incorrectbits );

Can anyone shed some light as to why I'm not seeing my own data ports in the timing analysis? If you need any more code I would be happy to share the entire project.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Ted,

When we debug your design with the JTAG interface, the JTAG signals TCK, TMS, TDI, and TDO are implemented as part of the design.

The altera_reserved_tck/tms/tdi pin is automatically generated for a design that uses a JTAG accessible module such as the Nios II debugger, SignalTap II logic analyzer, and In-System Memory Content Editor.

For timing constraint those pins

To constrain this JTAG clock, apply a 33-MHz clock constraint to this pin.

For the TimeQuest Timing Analyzer, use the following command:

create_clock -period "30.303 ns" -name {altera_reserved_tck} {altera_reserved_tck}

Reference

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd04282008_867.html

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/mnl_timequest_cookbook.pdf

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos