Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Cannot find ip-setup-simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all. 

I'm using Quartus Prime 15.1 and I'm trying to generate simulation scripts for my whole design. 

Following the instructions in Quartus Prime Handbook, I'm looking for "ip-setup-simulation" but cannot find it. Not in command-line nor in project->upgrade ip components... :-(  

Help!!! 

Dror
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all. 

I'm using Quartus Prime 15.1 and I'm trying to generate simulation scripts for my whole design. 

Following the instructions in Quartus Prime Handbook, I'm looking for "ip-setup-simulation" but cannot find it. Not in command-line nor in project->upgrade ip components... :-(  

Help!!! 

Dror 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi 

It's a little bit late but maybe it will help someone else . Anyway: 

ip-setup-simulation command is lauched from the tools>generate simulator setup script for ip utility in quartus. Before that you need to: 

1)setup your simulation environment(Modelsim ...) : assignments>settings>eda tools  

2) generate the simulation script for each IP separately by going to tools>qsys pro then choose the Qsys file you want to open ( you need to do thids for eash IP used in your design, that means all the Qsys file in your working directory) then click genrate >generate hdl then in the simulation tab choose the language of simulation (see the attachment). 

3) launch ip-setup-simulation from tools>generate simulator setup script 

Note that the second step permit also to generate simulation script for each IP. the third step uses the SPD file generated by the second step and genrerates a simulation script for all your IPs and that's what you need.
0 Kudos