Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Cannot install new board in Quartus 19.2

AnkitaBhat
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Quartus 19.2 on Ubuntu 20.04 to program iW-Rainbow-G24D:Arria10 Dev platform. I could not find the board under device settings on Quartus. When i try to click the link provided in the "Family,Device and Board settings" window to add the dev board, I get following error on terminal:

XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox/libmozsandbox.so:
/data1/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/linux64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26' not found (required by /usr/lib/firefox/libmozsandbox.so)
Couldn't load XPCOM.

Could someone please help me resolve this issue? Is this how we add new board to the list or is there any other method?

Thanks and regards,

Ankita

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

This issue occurs in the newer Firefox version (Mozilla Firefox 81.0).

The supported Firefox version in Vitis IDE is Mozilla Firefox 78.4.1esr.

The following work-arounds are available:

• Roll back to the older Mozilla Firefox version - Users can install the previous Firefox version - Mozilla Firefox 78 to avoid this issue.
  • Custom Shell script - A custom shell script can be created with the below content

regards,

Farabi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

This issue occurs in the newer Firefox version (Mozilla Firefox 81.0).

The supported Firefox version in Vitis IDE is Mozilla Firefox 78.4.1esr.

The following work-arounds are available:

• Roll back to the older Mozilla Firefox version - Users can install the previous Firefox version - Mozilla Firefox 78 to avoid this issue.
  • Custom Shell script - A custom shell script can be created with the below content

regards,

Farabi

Farabi
Employee

Hello, 

servlet.png

and 

servlet (1).png

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos