Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Compilation Fails due to Qsys error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone. 

I am working on a big OpenCL project. I have installed the suite, and I have been able to compile some design examples that were using single work-items kernels, so I thought that everything was working properly. 

Hence I started writing my own project, modifying upon an existing structure, and including kernels with multiple work-items. But now, when I try to compile for any board, I get the following error, after some compilation steps: 

Error - failed to launch '"c/altera/15.0/quartus/bin64\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1500M -XX:+UseSerialGC "com.altera.qsys.tcl.QsysScript" "--script=kernel_system.tcl" "-Xmx512M" "-XX:+UseSerialGC" '. 

Error - failed to launch '"c/altera/15.0/quartus/bin64\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1500M -XX:+UseSerialGC "com.altera.qsys.tcl.QsysScript" "--script=kernel_system.tcl" "-Xmx512M" "-XX:+UseSerialGC" '. 

If I try modifying the kernels to make them single work-items kernels, then the compilation proceeds and no failure occurs.  

Out of curiosity, I downloaded some multiple work-items example designs from Altera website, and I obtained the same error. 

Any clue on what the problem might be? I imagine there is some installation issue but I can't figure it out. 

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
0 Replies