Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Cyclone 2 starter kit files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All! 

I have bought in 2007 a "cycline 2 FPGA starter kit" and today i can't find the CD's that came with it. 

where can i find them? 

also, i have Quartos 17 light edition and i can't find the device family in it, can you help? 

thank you !
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello All! 

I have bought in 2007 a "cycline 2 FPGA starter kit" and today i can't find the CD's that came with it. 

where can i find them? 

also, i have Quartos 17 light edition and i can't find the device family in it, can you help? 

thank you ! 

--- Quote End ---  

Probably here: http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=53&no=83 

You will need to get Quartus 13.0sp1 or earlier to support the Cyclone II device. Starting with Quartus 13.1 Altera stopped supporting the Cyclone I and Cyclone II. 

I have a dual install of Quartus 13.0sp1 for my Cyclone II board, and use Quartus 16.0 for my Cyclone IV and V boards.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

is it possible to recover the licence for the quartos?  

can't find how to do that
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can't 'recover' your license from Quartus. If you know where it is stored on your machine you can copy the file. 

Note: you don't need a license for Cyclone II devices. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You can't 'recover' your license from Quartus. If you know where it is stored on your machine you can copy the file. 

Note: you don't need a license for Cyclone II devices. 

Cheers, 

Alex 

--- Quote End ---  

That is correct, no license needed. You can use the 'free' Quartus II Web version, downloads available here: 

http://dl.altera.com/13.0sp1/?edition=web&platform=windows&download_manager=dlm3
0 Kudos