Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15311 Discussions

Cyclone 2 starter kit files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello All! 

I have bought in 2007 a "cycline 2 FPGA starter kit" and today i can't find the CD's that came with it. 

where can i find them? 

also, i have Quartos 17 light edition and i can't find the device family in it, can you help? 

thank you !
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello All! 

I have bought in 2007 a "cycline 2 FPGA starter kit" and today i can't find the CD's that came with it. 

where can i find them? 

also, i have Quartos 17 light edition and i can't find the device family in it, can you help? 

thank you ! 

--- Quote End ---  

Probably here: http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=53&no=83 

You will need to get Quartus 13.0sp1 or earlier to support the Cyclone II device. Starting with Quartus 13.1 Altera stopped supporting the Cyclone I and Cyclone II. 

I have a dual install of Quartus 13.0sp1 for my Cyclone II board, and use Quartus 16.0 for my Cyclone IV and V boards.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

is it possible to recover the licence for the quartos?  

can't find how to do that
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You can't 'recover' your license from Quartus. If you know where it is stored on your machine you can copy the file. 

Note: you don't need a license for Cyclone II devices. 

Cheers, 

Alex
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

You can't 'recover' your license from Quartus. If you know where it is stored on your machine you can copy the file. 

Note: you don't need a license for Cyclone II devices. 

Cheers, 

Alex 

--- Quote End ---  

That is correct, no license needed. You can use the 'free' Quartus II Web version, downloads available here: 

http://dl.altera.com/13.0sp1/?edition=web&platform=windows&download_manager=dlm3