Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Cyclone IV EP4CE6E22C8N is not detecting in Quartus Programmer

atech10
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to program Altera Cyclone IV EP4CE6E22C8N using USB blaster but device is not detecting.

JTAG ( TCK, TDO,  TDI, TMS) is connected well and having good continuity, checked using DMM.

Also all voltage levels are actual manner i.e

Vccio = 3.3V

Vint= 1.2V

Vaux= 2.5V

CE pin in connected to GND

Still not detecting.

I have another board with EP4CE10E22C8N which is working properly with USB blaster and Quartus programmer. New Board with new IC i.e EP4CE6E22C8N is not detecting.

Even I checked the waveforms on both boards, EP4CE10 is showing all JTAG waveforms but EP4CE6 is just showing JTAG Clock(TCK) what to do?

Please comment.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

That might be due to issue with USB Blaster. Kindly follow the workaround in KDB below (it is also applicable for USB Blaster):

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2021/why-does-the-intel--fpga-download-cable-ii-driver-installation-f.html

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos