Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Design Space Explorer can't open .ip files

MWeng3
Beginner

Error: Exploration Point DSpace12dec2018a_1 reported: Error opening /home/shared/DSE_25G/fpga_reader/hw/syn/top_s10/dse/DSpace12dec2018a/DSpace12dec2018a_1/shared/DSE_25G/fpga_reader/hw/des/altera_ip/des/sys_s10/ip/sys_s10/sys_s10_alt_e25s10_0.ip.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Which Version & Edition of Quartus tool are you using?
  2. Can elaborate on the steps?

We have checked with Quartus 18.1 pro by opening project (.ip) and Started exploring the design with DSE II, by clicking on the Start which works fine.

If you are using old version of quartus try it by using latest version.

Just for information.

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/quartus-ii/exm-dse.html

Regards

Anand

DSE1.JPG

DSE2.JPG

DSE3.JPG

0 Kudos
MWeng3
Beginner

am using Pro 18.1. I have PD with Pcie, custom rtl and many deaign ware components.

I compile/synthesize the design then switch to DSE in the gui. Seed sweep. Nothing unusual in how I set it up. Then press the start button. Thanks,

-mark

0 Kudos
MWeng3
Beginner

I open a .qfp project that has a ton of .ip associated with it.

0 Kudos
Nikolay_Rognlien
New Contributor I

One user reported to me about similar error message.

His root cause turned out to be a lot of "undeletable waste" in %TMP% directory.  (Files without user permission)

Changing the %TMP% to a different location with more space solved his problem.

Question to Intel SW development team:

Is there a file handle leak in the DSE?

Best regards

0 Kudos