Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Determining which license is needed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am currently working on a project using Quartus Prime Lite Edition and I have need of some additional functionality. In particular, I need to be able to create permanent .pof files of my project, and while not necessary, it would be very useful if I could also utilize multiple cores for compilation. Furthermore, I'm also interested in some details of the licensing model: 

• Will a bought license be tied to one particular PC, or can it later be moved to a different PC? Or can it maybe be installed on multiple PCs but only used on one at any given time? How does this behavior differ between various versions of Quartus / its licences?  

• Am I correct in assuming, that to create permanent .pof files, I only need the licences to all IP used in that particular project, regardless of the Quartus version used?  

• What license do I need to buy to enable multithreaded compilation?  

Any information on these topics, or at least where to find clear answers, would be very much appreciated. 

Best regards 

Martin Tomko
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1. It depends if you buy a floating or node-locked licence. Floating is more expensive 

2. Yes 

3. This should come as part of your licence. 

You're best off talking to your local Altera Rep.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot for the answer. 

--- Quote Start ---  

You're best off talking to your local Altera Rep. 

--- Quote End ---  

I tried this originally, but it's fairly hard to find who to talk to on the Altera website - the only international sales representative I've managed to find are IndesmaTech, who I tried contacting through their website, but I've recieved no response so far. From what I've seen I assumed that this forum is the best place for questions like this. 

The licenses can anyway be bought directly on the website, or am I wrong about this assumption?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, you can buy and activate them from the website.

0 Kudos