Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15322 Discussions

Eclipse Windows 10 dos2unix failure

James_B
New Contributor II

I have installed Quartus 20 lite on Windows 10 along with WSL 2 / Ubuntu. The dos2unix function is also installed. 

I can run Quartus and compile my design which includes Nios. However, when opening Eclipse and setting up a project, I get a failure on dos2unix as shown below. 

Additionally, I did the unzip of the tools in the eclipse-nios2 directory and followed the directions appropriately for downloading Mars2 version of eclipse. 

Finally, I run eclipse associated with Quartus 18 just fine on the same version of Windows were I am attempted to run Eclipse for Quartus 20. 

Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

Thanks, James

James_B_0-1616483386423.png

James_B_1-1616483729972.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

can you try to install WSL1.

James_B
New Contributor II

Similar to some other posts on the forum which I did find, these are the steps that I did to get the Quartus 20.1 Lite to work on Windows 10: 

1. Unregistered Ubuntu 18.04 & set to version 1   "wsl --unregister Ubuntu-18.04"  

2. Reinstalled Ubuntu 18.04 - using the the windows 10 icon bar and typing Ubuntu-18 and clicking yes for the install option

3. Downgraded wsl to version 1    "wsl --set-version Ubuntu-18.04 1"

4. Installed make, dos2unix, and wsl 

Finally after following these steps I could get it to work. I think installing wsl within the Ubuntu command shell on Windows is a little hidden feature. In other words, one must install / configure wsl from the windows command prompt, as well as install wsl inside the Ubuntu shell. 

Thanks. James