I can generate the HDMI example design just fine as per my previous post update.
Can you share with me below info on how you encountered the issue ?
- OS : Wins or Linux ? which version ?
- Quartus : which version ?
- HDMI IP setting : can you share with me the screen shoot on your HDMI IP setting ?
OS : Windows 10 Pro
Ver : 2004
Build : 19041.867
Quartus Ver : 20.1.0
Quartus Build : 177
Attached are the screen shots for the HDMI IP setting.
I encountered the issue when when I pressed Generate Example Design.
I can generate HDL without a problem.
Also I am using remote desktop to log into my PC. Could the problem be related to that?
Thanks for the update.
Pls see my latest reply as below.
- Regarding earlier error that can't recognize A10 FPGA device OPN
- Just wonder did you installed Arria 10 device database file (device installer) ?
- Pls install it if you have not done so
- Win 10 WSL 1 verification
- HDMI example design contains NIOS II CPU design that required WSL 1 installation in Win 10 OS (only impact Win 10, not Linux OS)
- You can follow below Microsoft website guideline to install WSL 1 if you don't have it in your Win 10 PC. For step 6 - install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Known issue in HDMI sim example design generation
- We recently found out there is an IP bug gating generation of HDMI sim example design.
- This issue will be fix in future release of Quartus Pro v21.1
- For now, can you unchecked the "simulation" selection in HDMI example design design example tab ?
- Synthesis example design generation is fine. The bug only affect simulation example generation
- Proposal of upgrading Quartus pro version
- I can see that you are still using older Quartus v20.1.
- Would you be considering to upgrade to newer Quartus v20.4 or you can wait for bug fix release of Quartus v21.1 that should be available to public sometime in Apr 2021