Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15309 Discussions

Error (174068): Output buffer atom "soc_system:soc_inst|soc_system

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I have built up an FPGA system in Qsys starting with the GHRD reference design and adding components. I actually built a simialr system for an Arria V Dev Board and that worked fine. Now when compileing in Quartus after a succesful generate in Qsys I get 100's of error messages like this one: 

Error (174068): Output buffer atom "soc_system:soc_inst|soc_system_hps_0:hps_0|soc_system_hps_0_hps_io:hps_io|soc_system_hps_0_hps_io_border:border|hps_sdram:hps_sdram_inst|hps_sdram_p0:p0|hps_sdram_p0_acv_hard_memphy:umemphy|hps_sdram_p0_acv_hard_io_pads:uio_pads|hps_sdram_p0_altdqdqs:dq_ddio[0].ubidir_dq_dqs|altdq_dqs2_acv_connect_to_hard_phy_cyclonev:altdq_dqs2_inst|extra_output_pad_gen[0].obuf_1" has port "SERIESTERMINATIONCONTROL[0]" connected, but does not use calibrated on-chip termination 

The rest of the errors are in the attached file joe.txt 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks Martin
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I'm seeing this same error. Any suggestions?

jagumiel
Novice

I came here loooking for a solution, but I founded what I was doing wrong.

After the first compilation, when the fitter fails, you must run the following TCL scripts:

hps_sdram_p0_parameters.tcl

hps_sdram_p0_pin_assignments.tcl

JÁnge_0-1614602969674.png