Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Error Generated when creating a new project on Nios II- Eclipse

Shainy
Beginner

Hi,

whenever I try to create a project on Nios II-Eclipse through File> New> Nios II Application and BSP from Template, I get the following error:

Failed to execute: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp--cpu-name nios2_gen2_0 --no-make

In the console the following message is generated:

Executing: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name nios2_gen2_0 --no-make () 'wsl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I went through some of the Q&A, but they all had Ubuntu as their OS, whereas mine is Windows. Really appreciate if one could help me out on solving this matter. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Shainy,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
Suspecting that the issues might be related to missing WSL, moving forward for quartus 19.1 the WSL is required for Nios EDS.

If WSL is not being installed, would recommend to do so and you can find the instruction here.
Please do let us know if that helps to clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Shainy
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel ,

Thank you so much for your reply, and hope all is well with you as well. 

I'll download WSL and move ahead. and, yes, this did clarify my doubts. Thanks again!

Best Wishes,

Shainy

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Shainy,

Great, good to know that it is working now, with no further clarification on this thread, it will be transitioned to community support for further help you with doubts in this thread.
Thanks for your questions and as always pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos