Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Error during QSYS generation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm getting strange error during generation of system with DDR2 controller 

Error: GenerateSim: Could not move C:\Users\WAT\AppData\Local\Temp\alt7310_6655338575060564170.dir\0001_iptb_gen\DRAMsystem_altmemddr_0_mem_model.v to C:\Users\WAT\AppData\Local\Temp\alt7310_6655338575060564170.dir\0001_iptb_gen\testbench\DRAMsystem_altmemddr_0_mem_model.v 

system is minimal, it has only clock bridge and entrance from external bus. 

I generate only system, no simulation files. 

I can see some files being generated in the said folder, but the compilation stops on this file. 

Problem persists in Q16.1 and Q17 

Earlier versions of system (more complicated) with this IPcore were generated successfully in Q13 I guess. (i changed computer and don't have all archives now) 

Can You generate system with DDR2 in Your newest quartusses?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which target device and are you using Pro or Standard? I don't think DDR2 is supported in Arria 10, for example.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Target device is Cyclone IV GX EP4CGX30CF23I7N. Quartus is standard edition. Machine is Windows 10. Previously on Win7 and Q13 Standard with the same device everything worked well.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you trying to generate a testbench system or just generating for synthesis? Could that target directory have read-only permissions, preventing the file move as indicated in the error?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

reinstalation of entire windows 10 helped.

0 Kudos