Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Error message "Invalid JTAG configuration" with SignalTap

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus 10.1 on Win7. Configurating my Cyclone 3 FPGA with USB-Blaster works fine (downloading sof-file via SignalTap "SOF Manager" Button). 

But it is not possible to comunicate with the FPGA via SignalTap ("Run Analasis"-Button) due to this error upcoming error: "JTAG communication error". Before pressing this button, the message "Invalid JTAG configuration" is shown. 

What went wrong ? I can download my sof-file into the FPGA via JTAG, but I cannot communicate with the device ! 

Yes, I did a recompilation with the settings in SignalTap. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you have another instance of quartus open or did you still have the programmer module you used to upload the sof file? i've found been getting this error when this happens. Probably port contention between the different instances trying to access the usb-blaster port.

0 Kudos
hyoun5
Beginner

i've found been getting this error when this happens. Probably port contention between the different instances trying to access the usb-blaster port. <-

How do I fix this?

I need your help.

​Thank You​

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, just one instance is open. 

But I have found out, that this happens when the qsf-file is set as read-only (version management used). Setting the file to writeable solves this problem. 

But unfortunately no hint is given by quartus. 

Thanks for replaying. Works fine now.
0 Kudos