Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16629 Discussions

Error: s0: Cannot find sequencer/sequencer.elf

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm using the latest Quarts and AOCL combination (v15.0.1) on Linux (RHELv6). I have been observing an error with the aoc compiler when compiling HDL. aoc -c foo.cl works fine, but aoc foo.aoco results in an error saying: "Error: s0: Cannot find sequencer/sequencer.elf". A full compilation log is attached. This problem happens with different kernel files, but apparently it does not always so. Rebooting the system seems to have a positive effect, but not a 100% cure.  

I have searched through the forum logs and found some related messages, but not able to find actual solutions. I'd highly appreciate if anyone could help me solve the compilation problem.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have found that this happens when using certain X11. On my Mac it does this all the time so I just ssh without "-X". For some reason this does the trick. Let me know if this helps

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Same thing happened to me a lot since version 14. I had to logout and log back into fix this. And I wasn't using X11, I was doing everything with screen in terminals.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I didn't use "-X", but now I can compile kernels successfully by logging into my development host with "ssh -x" (dash + lower-letter x)! I have no idea why X is related to the problem, but thanks so much, mhogains!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Oh so X11 forwarding is automatically enabled on your host? dash + lower x turns that off, if it's enabled. Interesting. I'm glad this helped.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That's actually something strange that I still don't understand since it should not be enabled by default. Perhaps, the problem disappeared because I simply logged off and in to the machine, and the ssh X forwarding may not be relevant. In fact, I observed the same problem again even with 'ssh -x', but again it is "fixed" with relogin. Anyway, now I seem to be able to work around the problem.

0 Kudos