Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Error while compiling encrypted files

agenor_micro
Beginner

Hello Guys! I'm in the following situation:

I'm using:

Quartus version: 20.1.0.177-0.46w

QuestaSim Version: 2021.3_2

stratix10

I'm compiling some files but when it arrives in an encrypted file, I have the following error:

**Error:: file(line) (vlog - 2163) Macro `<protected> is undefined

The command I'm using is vlog -sv <file_path> -L <libs> -work <libs>

The same IP is being compiled in another machine, with a different Quartus and Questa configuration, so I believe the problem is related to the versions of the tools.

When I open the file I have the following information:
encrypt_agent = "Model Technology", encrypt_agent_info = "10.4d"

I'm trying to generate the same file with my QuestaSim version as the encrypt_agent, but I don't know how.  Does someone know how to do that? Does someone know a better solution for this?

Sorry for being so generic, If someone needs more info about it please, let me know.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi agenor_micro

Check the file that contains the definitions of your macros must be included in the same directory of the working project or not. if it's not include into same prj directory.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
agenor_micro
Beginner

Hello there! Thanks a lot for the reply.
This encrypted file is an automatically generated file. Inside Quartus_ip or in the branch, we do not have any macro files (For this IP).
As I said previously, it is compiled locally, and we also don't have such macro files locally.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi @agenor_micro,

Can you please share those files?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos