Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Feature Request: Platform Designer additional tcl commands

EGrub
Beginner

Platform Designer Version

Sometimes it would be useful to have a tcl command to request the Platform Designer Version. I'd like to use in the fileset callback to be able to add version depended IP files.

I'd like to have the same feature for the elaboration callback as well.

Full name of the module

Sometimes I'd like to have the possibility to get the full name of the module in the elaboration callback.

I know it is possible in the fileset callback when it dynamically generate different version of the same module. (For every instance a dedicated name).

As the elaboration callback is executet for every instance I'd like the get the full instance name there as well.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenny_Tan
Can u post a example code that you would like for the elaboration callback? I will try to get the enhancement for you.
0 Kudos
EGrub
Beginner

Hi KTan9!

Here my "pseudo code" as those commands do not exists:

Plattform designer Version:

proc fileset_callback { entityName } {   set platform_version [ get_platformdesigner_version ]   if {$platform_version == "13.1"} {   add_fileset_file ip_file_a.v SYSTEM_VERILOG PATH ip_file_a.v   } elseif {$platform_version == "18.1"} {   add_fileset_file ip_file_b.v SYSTEM_VERILOG PATH ip_file_b.v   } }

Full name of the module:

proc elaborate { entityName } { do something with the name #name should be the full name with all the hierarchies and the name of the instance of the module }

Regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Done.. submitted the enhancement.

0 Kudos
EGrub
Beginner

Hi KTan9

Thank you!

Regards,

Erich