Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

Generation of HDL failed in quartus platform designer

anilinintel
Beginner

Hi all,

when I tried to integrate a custom RTL in platform designer and try to generate HDL . I encountered this error.

Error: SoC1: connection (post-transform) is missing a start point: null->nios2_gen2_0_custom_instruction_master_multi_slave_translator0.ci_slave

Error: Internal Error : Cannot generate a system with dangling connections.

My custom RTL will make use of nios custom master interface which was packed properly without any errors and connected properly without issues. but getting above problem while generating HDL. I tried removing dangling connections but that option was disabled and greyed out in GUI.

Any help on this.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Anil,

Which software edition (Pro/Standard) and version you are using? Could you share the design and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Could you share the design file for investigation?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
anilinintel
Beginner

Quartus version: Quartus Prime Version 18.1.2 Build 277 02/12/2019 SJ Pro Edition
patches installed: None

machine : Red Hat Enterprose linux server 7.3 (maipo)

Design details : it's nothing, just a nios, jtag uart, ocm of 256 KB and custom RTL file . we reproduced this error in this smaller design.

custom RTL file : it's a small RAM block with an Avalon interface and also have a custom slave interface IO ports like AVLN_RST,AVLN_CLK, AVLN_EXISTS, AVLN_DATA0, AVLN_DATA1 ,
AVLN_EXISTS, AVLN_MDATA. This single RTL file was packed well and integrated (in platform designer gui) with nios master ports and custom master interface.

And while clicking on the generation of HDL after system integrity validation. we end up with the error shown in the original post. we suspect of something like license issue which ended on 25-sept.
Is it that?

regards,
Anil

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Anil,

Could you share the test case and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos