Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How can I determine M20K number from block memory bits value?

AAbro1
Beginner

I compiled a design, The compilation failed in fit.

in fit report section "Fitter Resource Utilization by Entity", I found that M20K field contains N/A, and block memory bits = 640, as shown below:

I need to determine M20K number, is it possible to determine it from "block memory bits" value?

Note: the total M20K blocks used is estimated in Quartus fit report section Fitter Resource Usage Summary:

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

You will need to run until fitter finished in order to see this report. You can also estimate the M20k number by looking into the synthesis report of the block memory bits / 20. You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-v/av_5v2.pdf table 2-1 as an example.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Kindly take note we are working on this internally.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. 

0 Kudos