Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

How do I convert verilog file to board symbol file using quartus?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

To convert the *.v file to *.bsf, I tried to go to File -> Create/Update -> Create Symbol Files for Current File. But this option is greyed out. I'm using Quartus version 16. I remember this was possible with some earlier versions. Any hints/suggestions on how I can convert *.v to *bsf in newer versions of Quartus?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have no problem doing this with Quartus 16.1. Is your .v file open and in the active window?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Got it. Thank you. I just checked it is working with the standard edition but it is greyed out only in the pro version. Is your Quartus a standard edition one? Do you know how to enable it in the Pro version?. Most of my other design is created using pro version.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, standard edition. I don't know anything about Pro.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus Pro version will have this option grey out, unfortunately, currently the only way to use this is by using the standard edition. 

Thanks, 

Best regards, 

kentan 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Got it!. Thanks Kentan :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Boy, I'd be really irritated if I bought the Pro version only to find out it has LESS features than the Standard edition!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Boy, I'd be really irritated if I bought the Pro version only to find out it has LESS features than the Standard edition! 

--- Quote End ---  

Afaik, The pro version is a rebuild of the current engines and only supports the newest families. The people that use these are unlikely people who use schematics and hence the problems supporting them.
0 Kudos